Sigmund Freud was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis, a clinical method for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst. He is well know for his study of human psychology and produced one of the most prestigious work on the topic.
He are few of his quotes, based on his experience on the field of human psychology and cultural analysis.
- Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.
- Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.
- Children are completely egoistic; they feel their needs intensely and strive ruthlessly to satisfy them.
- Neurosis is the inability to tolerate ambiguity.
- The ego is not master in its own house.
- The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is ‘What does a woman want?’
- Men are more moral than they think and far more immoral than they can imagine.
- Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.
- The voice of the intellect is a soft one, but it does not rest until it has gained a hearing.
- Opposition is not necessarily enmity; it is merely misused and made an occasion for enmity.
Source : Brainy quotes